• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bert
    Renegado
    • Nov 2006

$730 to import a mopar front bar...

Found a site that offers the Mopar front bar pretty cheap if anyone is interested: http://www.autotrucktoys.com/jeep/Mo...1504C2885.aspx

I'm almost about to ship one over for my JK, what do you guys think? Is $730 reasonable? too much? ...I've never shipped anything this large before so don't know much about the costs associated. Personally, I think its a pretty good deal for $1300, I'm going to be fitting it myself so I'll save a bit on labour. I was going to wait to see the ARB Bar but my patience is growing a bit thin, does anyone have a picture of the ARB bar?

Bar: AU 570.00
    Shipping: AU 730.00

hmmmmmmmmm...
    Last edited by Bert; 18-05-2007, 04:09 PM.
    °lllllll°
  • tj303
    AJOR Silver
    • Apr 2004

That seems a lot for shipping!!
    Dont forget to add GST and customs charges

Comment

• Cpage66
      The Leaver of Red Jeeps
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by tj303 View Post
      That seems a lot for shipping!!
      Dont forget to add GST and customs charges
      FTA...don't have to worry with it.
      1996 XJ with a few mods
      2003 WJ with a lot of mods
      2009 XH with no mods

Comment

• Brettski
        AJOR Gold
        • May 2006

What happens to your fog lights when you install the bar?

B.
        My personal site

Comment

• super jeep
          Established Member
          • Oct 2006

i've imported a few thing but nothing as big as a bull bar.my shipping fees are roughly $100 for the first 20kg after that $100 for every 10kg for example if item is 30kg it would cost $200 as i say i haven't brought big bulky items in only starters and the likes that are small but have wieght and air frieght will have it at your local airport within 7 days,with gst & customs they will affect you if item is over $1000 so sometimes it is cheaper to get it made localy
          SUPER JEEP CJ7

Comment

• Daz7
            CrawlerStar
            • Aug 2005

FWIW shipping through 4wd.com for my Hanson bar by airfreight was $241US (the bar was $641US at that point) oh, I had no GST or anything to pay either.

I just looked at my overall costs compared to buying a similar bar here. Sounds as if you'll end up with what you want at a reasonable cost so go for it!!
            My TJ build videos
            https://www.youtube.com/DarrylSheather

Comment

• tj303
              AJOR Silver
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Daz7 View Post
              FWIW shipping through 4wd.com for my Hanson bar by airfreight was $241US (the bar was $641US at that point) oh, I had no GST or anything to pay either.

I just looked at my overall costs compared to buying a similar bar here. Sounds as if you'll end up with what you want at a reasonable cost so go for it!!
              Yep thats right , keep it under AU$1000.00 and there is no GST or customs charges, BUT once you go over that make shure you know what you will be charged with, and it has SFA to do with a FTA !!!

Comment

• Fat Chili
                BANNED AGAIN
                • Oct 2003

Shipping for my Hanson rocker guards only cost $80, and that included the $50 delivery fee from Melbourne to the Gold Coast...

Helps to know people in the know

They were put in the back of an F truck being shipped to Australia from California...Love it!
                2000 TJ with stuff
                1949 Willy's CJ3A, with Koenig twin-stick dual output PTO - Project 'Farm Jeep'

Comment

Working...
                X