• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eksjay
    Full Flexer
    • Jan 2009

Firestone tyres- is anyone using them?

Does anyone have a rig that is running Firestone tyres? If so, what kind and would you recommend them? How is grip and treadwear. Haven't seen any Jeeps on this brand.
  • Mudnguts
    Established Member
    • Oct 2012

Firestone tyres- is anyone using them?

I have a Firestone destination as my spare. Will be putting them right round at next tyre change. I mean they can't be any worse than the sava rv's I'm on now
    ________
    I_______I
    (OIIIIIIIO)

Comment

• Duk
      AJOR Silver
      • Jun 2004

Ran some muddies years ago on a TJ - were OK, no real issues with them

Comment

• Billnick
        RubiconSlammer
        • May 2011

I'm running Destination A/T's. Great onroad, average offroad. Had them on for over 2 yrs/40,000+km and still looking good.
        '98 XJ (Deceased)
        '04 KJ 2.4 L petrol(sold)
        '98 ZJ current restoration project

Comment

• Abraxix
          Full Flexer
          • Apr 2012

i was running an A/T firestone on my Suzi - 29"

and they were extreemily great in mud. for an AT better than the MAXXIX BigHorns in a 29" i had on after the firestones ran out!
          i'd got back to them as an A/T tyre over anything else. specially for price.

i got about 3 /4 years out of them and that was not looking after them, as in... i didn't rotate them i rarley ran them all at the same PSI - (LAZY) annnnd, yeah: they lasted my EXCELLENTLY.

would go the FireStone M/T - btu i've seen a few of them on 80's + GU's and they look like they wear very unevenly on the "outter" edge, wether that's due to poor alignment or steering hard, could even be due to the rubber is to soft and therefore wearing to quickly.

but i had expierence with Firestones - GOOD expierences so they have my vote also
          2004 Suzuki XL7 2.7L V6 "Stella"
          2002 WG V8 4.7L "PeeJay" SOLD
          1996 Suzuki X90 1.6L "Decoy" SOLD

Comment

• eksjay
            Full Flexer
            • Jan 2009

The destination AT is voted number 1 over a very high mileage On Tirerack. The other tyre I am looking at is the Goodyear Silent Armor that I am currently running. Have been very happy with this tyre. Potentially, the sidewall on the SA is better. However, if the four block tread pattern is not available in 225s I may go Firestone and go 235. Ironically, GY now has a 5 rib SA but the lugs don't look like credible off road material when compared to Firestone.

Comment

Working...
            X