Is it possible to escape the CoVid-19 off-grid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nanook
    AJOR Bronze
    • Mar 2014

The roads in Newcastle have been quiet this week. I got home yesterday from work in record time. It's like the Xmas break here now.
    Cheers,
    Jamie

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders

Comment

• Grippy
      Established Member
      • Jul 2015

The roads here n Adelaide are very quiet too
      Only 28 kids at our school today, very quiet!
      Looks like all campsites in National Parks in SA are closed too, looking at the website they're all closed for health reasons. Once this blows over there'll be a ton of people itching to get out and about

Sent from my SM-G973F using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
      I drive over stuff!!!!

Comment

• Nanook
        AJOR Bronze
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Grippy View Post
        Looks like all campsites in National Parks in SA are closed too, looking at the website they're all closed for health reasons. Once this blows over there'll be a ton of people itching to get out and about
        I headed up to the Mid North Coast for an extended long weekend beach fishing a week ago and was surprised at the amount of caravans on the road.

Even the park I stayed at seemed fuller than normal for this time of year. I'm guessing a lot of people have just had a gut full of hearing about this virus and are trying to get out when they can. I know I was.
        Cheers,
        Jamie

Comment

• LuluBelle
          AJOR Bronze
          • Apr 2013

Stay Home!
          96 XJ Limited LPG Conversion......
          99 XJ Sport ... Finally on the Road
          RC Mini Me

Comment

• Nanook
            AJOR Bronze
            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by LuluBelle View Post
            Stay Home!
            There are still plenty of places to go and camp away from people. I'd rather camp on the beach or in the bush away from people than lock myself up inside.

It comes down to using common sense which unfortunately those idiots flocking to crowded beaches seem to lack.
            Cheers,
            Jamie

Comment

• crdv6
              CrawlerStar
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Jimmyb View Post
              I have friends who have been travlling Oz with a caravan and 3 kids, they have been running into issues with people knifing their tyres, abusing them for being on the road, they do not have a home, their caravan is their home, there is no base for them to get back to. National parks are closed, caravan parks are closed, what are they sposto do?
              Stick to designated caravan parks that are still open and stay away from public places as much as possible.
              sigpicCRDV6 2017 Laredo Adventure pack

Comment

Working...
              X