• Oct 2003

cut out of an fj40 bonnet and welded in

Attached Files
    Not another V8!

Comment

• cjtonka
      Established Member
      • Oct 2005

Sorry it has been a while guys, big move and all. Will get some pics in the next day or two. They didn't seem to change the underbonnet temp as it turns out the engine was running at the right temp. They definately helped with the vapour lock which was completely cured by also fitting an electic pump. Right at the moment I am concentrating on getting the fuel injection working just right. Will also keep you posted on that one.

Comment

• Birks
        I just registered
        • Apr 2010

Hey guys, we had an issue of overheating on our J10 after we fitted a 360 to it, we got round it by cutting a couple of retangles out of the sides of the bonnet towards the back and using some vents off a Toyota troop carrier, the vents are on the back corners of the body on the toyotas, they work pretty well and were cheap and easy to install

Comment

• cjtonka
          Established Member
          • Oct 2005

OK, the vents did not actually appear to change anything in the end, but they look OK, so they stay. Eventually got around to fitting the EA Falcon CFI to the crossflow. Doesn't seem to have changed the fuel economy yet, but the difference in driving is amazing. On a freezing cold morning you just turn the key and it fires straight up and idles as smooth as one could hope for.

I fitted one of those CPC thermocaps at the beginning of the year and half way on the guage is about 93-97 deg c. According to the book this is well below the overheating point, so all is running well at the moment.

Sorry I have been a bit slack with pics, but have just bought and moved into my own place, so been kind of busy. Will get pics up soon of all the changes.

Comment

• cjtonka
            Established Member
            • Oct 2005

Probanly not bad on a modern car, but I think they would look out of place on the old 6. LOL

Comment

Working...
            X