X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Breyten
    RubiconSlammer
    • Nov 2005

31"s... so at least it matches every other decent (and some not) 4by on the market.
    Think it'l be a late '08 or early '09 model Rubi CRD (they HAVE to give in!!) for me. Even with all the plastic. Just take it to a trimmer and let em loose on it.
    Current: 09 JK Sport, toy in progress
    Old:
    2010 JKU Rubi
    2001 XJ TD 31s & 5"

Comment

• Rodgebone
      AJOR Gold
      • May 2006

lottsa comments about all the plastic - specially the grill but im sure you will be able to replace that with real metal easy enuf from aftermarket vendors
      there's Only One

Comment

• Jeff
        Not a very good stuntmam
        • Jul 2002

How many XJ owners have replaced their grille because it was plastic?
        Originally posted by Jeremy Clarkson
        Living in the city and buying an off-roader is like permanently wearing a condom for the one day a month you might get lucky

Comment

• Rodgebone
          AJOR Gold
          • May 2006

personally i dont care if its plastic or not but a lot on here seem to be unimpressed
          there's Only One

Comment

• MATT_WESTER
            I just registered
            • Mar 2007

hey fellas,

The arrival of both the 4dr and 2dr wrangler's have been a massive attraction at Wanneroo Jeep, with heaps of people comming to have a look at them.

And yes we have had many remarks from the jeep people about the plastic look of the wrangler, however it is designed to crumble under impact, but as roger said, would be the first thing to replace with an ARB full bar.

And as for a CRD Rubicon, it is only available in the UK at present, purely because of the fact that the new 3.8V6 has been designed to be fuel efficient, with only 11.8ltr/100km combined cycle.

So come in and have a look @ Wanneroo Jeep

Comment

• Rubicon27
              Senior Newbie
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Wilmo
              1st in the 6 speed was needed to get the Unlimited moving at all! not just off-road....
              My dad used to have a kj, was too low and got bogged in the sand alot. The kj is def a yuppi vehicle. made for comfort than off road. nice tow your boat down to the beach now and then, but just about it.

the unlimited is a bit slow on the road, but off road the unlimited will be able to tow your bogged out car and your mates..

why do people go on about "its to much plastic" "no power on the road" These wranglers have always been made to drive off road. If you want a real 4wd it's either the wrangler, toyota landcruiser, nissan patrol.

I previously owned a wrangler for 4 years and loved it, got through anything.

These car are designed for the 4wd market with the meeting the peoples expectation of being the best off road.

KJ - made for 70% on road, 20% off road
              JK,TJ - 95% road, 200% off road.
              1 girl 1 Jeep.

Comment

• Wilmo
                AJOR Bronze
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Rubicon27
                My dad used to have a kj, was too low and got bogged in the sand alot. The kj is def a yuppi vehicle. made for comfort than off road. nice tow your boat down to the beach now and then, but just about it.
                They are too cheap to be a 'Yuppi' vehicle mate. Yuppies drive ML350s. And lifted they are more capable than you think. 90% of JK owners are going to drive 90% of the time on the road hence my comments on the JK.
                2005 KJ CRD Cherokee Extreme Sport with extras Pics

Comment

• Mash
                  Established Member
                  • Aug 2006

bit off topic but we pulled a pootrol outta a bog in a KJ.

Back to the JK. hmmm well all the TJ interior is plastic aswell, most vehicles these days are, i'm sure you could get it retrimmed, or just paint the placcy bits. Just something new to get used to i guess!! I like them, but I wish they made a 4 door or Ute style TJ, like the old landy defender utes. Just so you could roll out yer swag in the back!! thats what I like about the unlimited, the "i'll just sleep in my car" factor the the TJ missed, unless you sleep like a fetus that is!!
                  MASH13 '87 60 series LC, On the hunt for a Rubi...

Comment

Working...
                  X