• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt&Leisa
    CrawlerStar
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by bismark View Post
    Does anybody receipt and installed there ARB bar jet??? I' hope that my bar will be ready next week
    Ours will be fitted on tuesday. Along with the 9500ib high speed warn winch, IPF driving lights and long range aerial for the UHF....

Will post pics tuesday night..
    Matt & Leisa
    JK Renegade 4DR CRD 6Spd.ARB Winch Bar,Warn 9500ib,IPF 900
    CJ6 Combat 6 (project)

Comment

• cbm8880
      Established Member
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by JasperJ View Post
      Waiting to hear back from Smartbar over in WA, E-Mailed them to see if they had any intention of developing a bar with winch support for the JK. some of their bars look pretty good plus they are a lot lighter that the steel bars out there. Which is of course important these days as GVM is easy to blow.
      I even put a link to the AEV bar to say "hey how about something like this."
      gday jasper...
      would love to hear the outcome of this one. Ive owned a few steel bars, and even a few alloy bars, but at the end of the day a poly bar would do just as well to mount a couple of spotties.

Comment

• JasperJ
        RubiconSlammer
        • Aug 2007

Got the reply from the Smartbar people today
        "Unfortunately there are no plans for the production of another Jeep bar. I could source alloy or steel product if you are interested."

Oh well I guess I'll just have to get a bar from the states like anyone else who wants a choice of more than just ARB.

Here's a question though, is there a requirement for the front bar, be it a bull bar or just the bumper to extend the entire way across the vehicle's width. had a look through the ADR's today but could not find an answer.
        sigpic

Comment

• Fat Chili
          BANNED AGAIN
          • Oct 2003

To my knowledge their is no specific ADR for bullbars, only that they must comply with ADR 69 (Full Frontal Impact Occupant Protection) if the method of deploying the air bags is effected.

As far as the bars width goes; from memory yes it is supposed to but I can't find the reference, so could be wrong? Will look later.
          2000 TJ with stuff
          1949 Willy's CJ3A, with Koenig twin-stick dual output PTO - Project 'Farm Jeep'

Comment

• Dave
            (O |||||||| O)
            • Jan 2003

Updated with ARB bumper & more info I found on some of the others if there are any more out there let me know Ill update thread.
            AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM

Comment

• Devilish
              The Devils Own...
              • Nov 2004

Smittybilt SRC Bumper

I really like this bumper, but everyone I talk to in America about it says it's a 'MYTH' and that half the products smittybilt make don't actually exist because nobody can it any stock of them...

I still really like it anyways
              Attached Files

Comment

• Dave
                (O |||||||| O)
                • Jan 2003

Looks like it does exist: http://www.4wheelparts.com/jeep-part...x?pid=S/B76722

Ill update first post
                AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM

Comment

• Devilish
                  The Devils Own...
                  • Nov 2004

I have contacted 4 places (Including 4wheelparts) in america and none of them can give me a price or a date in when they can get one...

Comment

Working...
                  X