X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayOh
    Senior Newbie
    • Nov 2020

I'm looking to ditch the plastic park bench and replace it with either the AEV or Offroad Animal but having a bit of a hard time deciding - the AEV looks to be a premium / better quality product compared to the ORA but with the skid plate and winch mount it ends up about $1000 more expensive. Plus the bar looks to be more than 10kg heavier than the ORA.

I tend to prefer the looks of the AEV but the reduced weight and cost of the ORA are also attractive.

Are there any particular reasons that one is better or worse than the other?

Comment

• Banshee
      SwampDigger
      • Jul 2010

I think the AEV has ADR certification, I do not know about the ORA. (Could matter for insurance, or if you get pulled over by someone looking for excuses)
      Jeeps: Lego for grownups!

Comment

• JayOh
        Senior Newbie
        • Nov 2020

The ORA website mentions ADR compliance but I haven't seen anything similar for the AEV. I'm assuming that if it's full width and the recovery points are mounted underneath it's less likely to be pinged and this is important for me, I don't need the hassle with plod or insurance.

Comment

• PaulGC
          CrawlerStar
          • May 2012

Aev has better build quality imo and is a bit more solid hence the extra weight. But I like the styling of the ORA bar. I went with the round hoop over the sharper lines of the other & happy with the outcome.
          ORA will hopefully have better local support if you have issues.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
          2018 Granite Crystal JKU

Comment

• JayOh
            Senior Newbie
            • Nov 2020

I also prefer the round hoop option on the ORA over the stealth hoop so that would be my choice too. Did you fit the factory fog lights?

Comment

• PaulGC
              CrawlerStar
              • May 2012

Yes mate I did.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
              2018 Granite Crystal JKU

Comment

• JayOh
                Senior Newbie
                • Nov 2020

I ended up going with the Offroad Animal - weight, price and availability were the biggest factors over the AEV. I also had a winch and lightbar fitted and replaced the stock headlights and foglights with LEDs.

Comment

• st_za
                  CrawlerStar
                  • Aug 2015

This is the Uneek Baja bar with tow hooks and winch plate. It's very sturdy and very well made, as you would expect from a Uneek product.
                  It's around 10-12cm narrower per side than the stock fender flares - not quite full length but not mid length either.
                  It came with silver M12 class 8.8 bolts, which I replaced with black 1/2" grade 8 bolts.
                  The winch bolts onto the top of the bumper and the bumper bolts onto the front of the frame horns only, so the grade 8 bolts' extra strength and hardness give me a little more peace of mind.
                  The average human walks 1,500km per year and drinks 83L of beer which means we're getting 18km/L.

Comment

Working...
                  X