• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jktom
    Full Flexer
    • Oct 2009

Trackbar

You can just keep adding and adding to these JK's. At 60mm of lift, i would recomend front adj trackbars and rear relocation bracket, as your front axle moves probably 12mm to the right, and your left 12mm to the left. Your rear trackbar is already on a decent angle, so I went with a relocation bracket instead, At 60mm of lift, you may also want to look at adjustable lower control arms. U probably have approx 3 deg of castor, where you probably want 4.5 to 6 somewhere. Made a huge difference to mine?

Originally posted by SeaComms View Post
    Bugger, hadnt thought of the clearance issues with the relocation bracket requiring all the other bits. That all sounds like too much work, especially since I dont want to go any higher, and with stock shocks I have no extra down travel so dont want to restict up travel with longer bump stops (besides, the missus is already not overly impressed at the height). Guess I will put up with it for now and maybe look at an adjustable trackbar in the future.
    MILD CRD Unlimited

Comment

• SeaComms
      MonsterMoose
      • Jun 2010

LOL, it never ends does it

But then everything you said makes perfect sense, the adjustable LCA, rear track bar relocation bracket and front adjustable trackbar. Time to start looking around and creating a shopping list ! Dont want to change too much just yet though being just 4 weeks old, want to keep as much warranty for as long as possible.
      Cheers, Dave :)

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club

Comment

• North Coast Wrangler
        RubiconSlammer
        • Oct 2002

Personally with it only being 4 weeks old and you not having any issues yet I'd leave it as is. you start modifying it with brackets and everything else if you dealership wants to get difficult they will tell you too bad if you do have any issues.

Of course the choice is yours but I'd be careful.
        Back in the land of jeep and loving it - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM

Comment

• SeaComms
          MonsterMoose
          • Jun 2010

Yeah, thats my thoughts too...

Shame that since the Dealer's can supply 2 inch springs they can't supply different length (or adjustable) track bar at a reasonable price to bring the diffs back to center. Only for asthetics really as I cant feel the difference driving. Bigger tyres might be an issue sticking out one side and not the other but thats about it.

Over 5000 Club

Comment

• North Coast Wrangler
            RubiconSlammer
            • Oct 2002

adustable panhard rods are illegal i am pretty sure, at least they use to be.

As for different length rods, every jeep is different otherwise they probably could do something like that

Comment

• jktom
              Full Flexer
              • Oct 2009

Adjustables

High North Coast
              I went to QLD Transport re the adjustable Panhard,s, they said they were fine. I also asked in writing about adjustable control arms, where I had two responses -
              1. If a lift caused the castor outside of dealer settings to a point where you needed to change it, then the lift is deemed to be accessive for that vehicle, even if within the 30% lift rule.
              2. Adjustable components are able to be used, however they must be adjusted to the original lengths / specifications for the vehicle from the
              manufacturer. If a suspension lift has resulted in disruption of the
              castor, it would suggest that the lift is excessive for the design of the
              vehicle and should be adjusted.

However bolt on brackets like the panhard relocation, control arm drop brackets, high steer kits are illegal, unless they are an option provided by the dealer. So if Mopar optioned these things, then we could use them.

In QLD, you can only lift a vehicle by 30% of the distance between the two bumpstops, the distance being measured while the vehicle sitting there, and not by wheel travel. This means that in the front, you can only legally lift a JK by about 20mm. I am not sure on QT Transports take on the Mopar lift 2" lift then. So i would suggest Qt are a little confused about the rules as well.

Originally posted by North Coast Wrangler View Post
              adustable panhard rods are illegal i am pretty sure, at least they use to be.

As for different length rods, every jeep is different otherwise they probably could do something like that
              MILD CRD Unlimited

Comment

• SeaComms
                MonsterMoose
                • Jun 2010

Very interesting research jktom. As for the max lift, wouldnt the 30% rule apply to max height option from the dealer? ie, 30% more than bumpstop height with the 2in springs? Might be a long stretch, but dont Jeep provide 4 inch lifts in the states? Could argue that it was designed to be lifted to 4 inches by the manufacturer

Over 5000 Club

Comment

• North Coast Wrangler
                  RubiconSlammer
                  • Oct 2002

With your statements Jktom then any lift at all on a Jeep is illegal due to the castor being unable to be adjusted from standard settings as well as the fitting of adjustable arms is also illegal as you have adjusted them to a different length.

Also try getting original bumpstop specifications from any manufacturer they don't exist.

Comment

Working...
                  X