X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jktom
    Full Flexer
    • Oct 2009

Hi Hally, I installed JKS LCA's a couple months ago, 3 months after I installed the lift. They make a big difference even with slightly over 2" of lift. U don't really notice how bad the jeep handles until after you get them. My castor was down at 3 deg which is way to low. Steering became heavier and more direct, it use to wander slightly from side to side. They were one of my better investments? Worth getting in my book.

Originally posted by Hally View Post
    had it fully flexxed out yesterday in the front and the brake lines were still slackish, so there is no problem there, thinking of geting aftermarket control arms, how much difference will it actuall make?
    atm its just got coils and shocks i think as i have only just got the car.

cheers,
    Hally
    MILD CRD Unlimited

Comment

• Hally
      Established Member
      • May 2010

Originally posted by jktom View Post
      Hi Hally, I installed JKS LCA's a couple months ago, 3 months after I installed the lift. They make a big difference even with slightly over 2" of lift. U don't really notice how bad the jeep handles until after you get them. My castor was down at 3 deg which is way to low. Steering became heavier and more direct, it use to wander slightly from side to side. They were one of my better investments? Worth getting in my book.
      Did u do front and rear?
      How much and where from?
      Did u notice more travell or just better handeling?

thanks mate,
      hally
      sigpic

97 comped tj ute,
      07 v8 cruiser tow rig.

Comment

• jktom
        Full Flexer
        • Oct 2009

LCA's

Just front lowers, is all u need apparently. Bought them from Quadratec in the States. Freight was $150, however I also bought some additional things like rear Stabiliser links which are half the price they are here, so helps to pay for some of the freight. DBOR has the PP ones, and SOLID in Melbourne make adjustables with rubber bushes on each end. Mine travels from bump stop to bump stop so no extra travel. Much better handling though, and if you have a 3" lift, my guess is your castor is now less than 3 deg, have you noticed on the freeway how it wants to wonder from side to side, especially when you hit a bump, steering is kinda light, a bit flighty, if so, so you will need some way of adjusting your castor.

Did u do front and rear?
        How much and where from?
        Did u notice more travell or just better handeling?

thanks mate,
        hally
        MILD CRD Unlimited

Comment

• Hally
          Established Member
          • May 2010

Just front lowers, is all u need apparently. Bought them from Quadratec in the States. Freight was $150, however I also bought some additional things like rear Stabiliser links which are half the price they are here, so helps to pay for some of the freight. DBOR has the PP ones, and SOLID in Melbourne make adjustables with rubber bushes on each end. Mine travels from bump stop to bump stop so no extra travel. Much better handling though, and if you have a 3" lift, my guess is your castor is now less than 3 deg, have you noticed on the freeway how it wants to wonder from side to side, especially when you hit a bump, steering is kinda light, a bit flighty, if so, so you will need some way of adjusting your castor.
          the old owner had castor correction kit fitted, i doesnt want to wander at all on the highway and handeling is great as it is now, steering is responsive.
          just after bit more travell. either do that or get a locker,
          sigpic

97 comped tj ute,
          07 v8 cruiser tow rig.

Comment

• DuffyLovemallet
            AJOR Silver
            • Jan 2010

poly performance springs

i fitted the PP 3" springs over the weekend, apart from making the rubi look horn, they work a treat. just got to upgrade the existing terraflex 2.5" shocks to suit now. also fitted the DBOR brake drop brackets. all delivered to the door by Bill the TV star.....can't beat that!!

Comment

• jktom
              Full Flexer
              • Oct 2009

Castor Correction kit

What is a castor Correction Kit - Cam bolts. If that is the case, you may not need arms for castor. How long are your shocks - this may help you decide whether control arms may give you more flex? But I have heard that AEV kits flex as good as any, and they use standard control arms?

the old owner had castor correction kit fitted, i doesnt want to wander at all on the highway and handeling is great as it is now, steering is responsive.
              just after bit more travell. either do that or get a locker,
              MILD CRD Unlimited

Comment

• yetiboy01
                Just Real Jeeps Club
                • Dec 2009

He's a few photos of my JK with OME Lift with LT front shocks, standard travel rears & JeepFord adjustable control arms
                Need to lengthen the the front brake lines as they are extremely tight at full flex, also the front ABS lines need to be relocated otherwise I can see them being broken due to not being long enough, Front shocks have a big bow in them from hitting the chassi rails, needs shock relocation brackets.On full comprwsion front tyre just touches inside the guard

Not Just a Jeep - A way of life

Black 1983 CJ8, Black 1994 XJ

http://www.justrealjeeps.com

Comment

• Hally
                  Established Member
                  • May 2010

What is a castor Correction Kit - Cam bolts. If that is the case, you may not need arms for castor. How long are your shocks - this may help you decide whether control arms may give you more flex? But I have heard that AEV kits flex as good as any, and they use standard control arms?
                  i think the shocks are the normal ones u get with the kit not the long travell ones.

are the long travells just a londer shock?

cheers Hally
                  sigpic

97 comped tj ute,
                  07 v8 cruiser tow rig.

Comment

Working...
                  X