• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pebble
    Senior Newbie
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by JeepMangler View Post
    i just had a look at the BF goodrich australian web site, they do have a bfg mud terrain km2 in the 255/80/17 size, have a look for yourself if you want on the link below
    http://www.bfgoodrich.com.au/config/...ensionData.pdf
    I realize the mfg made that size but I think the local supplier he contacted probably couldn't get it in that size.
    After doing more research looking at Goodyear MT/R as well
    Probably
    1.Goodyear MT/R
    2. BFG KM2
    3. Maxxis Bighorn or ProComp Extreme MT etc. I know Maxxis makes great downhill mountainbike tyres, Michelin used to as well.

At least he seems to have decided to keep the stock rims (for now anyway) and just buy an extra spare.

Now thanks all for your help, since this thread is a sticky it should probably get back on the original topic rather than my banter. Wish us luck for the test drive, and hopefully the wait won't be too long once we put the order in

Comment

• Banshee
      SwampDigger
      • Jul 2010

I just picked up a 2nd hand 01/08 JK renegade from Brisbane. Standard Wrangler tyres, ( rope plug in spare), on standard 17" Jeep rims. With a 2" lift using OME springs & shocks. No other changes that I have found (yet).

I have suspicions that it may have had a front bar & other wheels/tyres that were replaced with OEM items on trade in. Fair enough, if you are transferring the stuff to a newer model.
      Jeeps: Lego for grownups!

Comment

• moroa
        • May 2007

Can you fit 255 85 16 (33 inch ) tyres on a standard 16 inch steel rim on a 2007 jk with out any spacers will it rub ?

Comment

• SeaComms
          MonsterMoose
          • Jun 2010

255 should be no problems as they come stock now with both 245 or 255 on the 17 in rims. I presume (not sure) that the older 16in rims have the same backspace as the 17's. The 33 inch diameter will rub the guards at flex, would need an inch at least lift from stock to clear. If you stick in a 2 inch lift (of coils or spacers) you will also need a bumpstop extension to stop the compression before the tyres hit.

The other option would be to change out the guards for flatties
          Cheers, Dave :)

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club

Comment

• Gravel
            TerraFlexer
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by moroa View Post
            Can you fit 255 85 16 (33 inch ) tyres on a standard 16 inch steel rim on a 2007 jk with out any spacers will it rub ?

You should have no problems what so ever with a 255x85R16...
            sigpic
            "Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!"
            2 Door Red Rock Renegade.

Comment

• yetiboy01
              Just Real Jeeps Club
              • Dec 2009

You will get minor rubbing between the top on the tyre & the top of the inner guard, this wont cause any problems just doesn't sound to good, there is nothing up there to be damaged & this will only happen on full articulation with long travel shocks, 2inch lift shocks wont give you enough articulation to cause rubbing, bump stops wont be needed, tyres will clear the sway bar not like with the 285's which only just rub
              Not Just a Jeep - A way of life

Black 1983 CJ8, Black 1994 XJ

http://www.justrealjeeps.com

Comment

• wranglertj
                DetroitDemon
                • Dec 2006

also most likely to get rubbing under full flex with wheels turned also. JK have crap offset as standard...go figure
                If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything

Comment

• jktom
                  Full Flexer
                  • Oct 2009

Alloys for the JK

Hi all
                  I found this website that lists many Alloys for the JK that are not very common and different from the standard pro Comp RIMS. Thought others may benefit from it as well. I just bought the KMC Venon in black
                  MILD CRD Unlimited

Comment

Working...
                  X