• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Das_Colonel
    CrawlerStar
    • Apr 2013

Hi all,

A friend has offered to help me lift my 2dr Wrangler, and I was just wanting some advice on the right kit. I think the previous owner put in a 2" budget boost.

I don't want to spend gratuitous amounts of money. Currently running 285/70/17s on the stock rims.

In my noobishness, I put together the following:

TeraFlex - JK 2.5" Lift Kit

TeraFlex - JK 9550 (front and rear)

Are the shockies right for that kit? Any advice appreciated.

Comment

• CAELBLUE1
      CrawlerStar
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Aus Patriot View Post
      Is anyone running any of the AEV rims on size 285/70R17 rubber??
      I'm trying to work out if the rubber will stick out further than the guards...
      I'm running AEV pintlers with toyo open country MT 285/75/17 and the side wall of the tyre sits out no more than 1". Tread is contained inside the flares. It's just the bulge of the side wall. I run 28psi, so maybe less bulge if running higher pressures. Also a less aggressive tyre may be contained within the flares due to the side lugs not being present.

Comment

• Ste
        • Apr 2011

just had the Teraflex 2.5" lift with AEV Geometry Correction Kit installed and 285/70R17 Duratracs fitted. Have kept the adjustable Tough Dog shocks I had in originally. Very happy with the way she drives, Duratracs look the business and almost no additional road noise. Very happy with the set up so far, now to get out and test it properly...
        Started with a JK, now a WK2 CRD

Comment

• hailbou
          Established Member
          • Mar 2011

How have you found this lift and tyre combo any effect on your gearing ect

Comment

• Ste
            • Apr 2011

To be fair, I've only driven on road about 50kms since it's all been done...but...so far so good. I've got an auto and I have to say I've not noticed a big difference re the gearing at this stage

Comment

• TheoB
              Full Flexer
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Ste View Post
              just had the Teraflex 2.5" lift with AEV Geometry Correction Kit installed and 285/70R17 Duratracs fitted. Have kept the adjustable Tough Dog shocks I had in originally. Very happy with the way she drives, Duratracs look the business and almost no additional road noise. Very happy with the set up so far, now to get out and test it properly...
              I can guarantee you when you throw those Tough Dogs in your wheelie bin and get something better suited to a jk instead of a Patrol/Cruiser it will be infinitely better!! and I'm speaking from experience.
              WK2 Billet Silver Blackhawk.

Comment

• Ste
                • Apr 2011

The Tough Dogs are 9 way adjustable and I've got them on the softest setting...originally had King Coils in and the ride was HARSH. With the Teraflex coils it's like a different vehicle, very happy with the set up at this moment in time...rides so much better on road and am expecting similar improvements when I get her off the blacktop

Comment

• TheoB
                  Full Flexer
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Ste View Post
                  The Tough Dogs are 9 way adjustable and I've got them on the softest setting...originally had King Coils in and the ride was HARSH. With the Teraflex coils it's like a different vehicle, very happy with the set up at this moment in time...rides so much better on road and am expecting similar improvements when I get her off the blacktop
                  oh yeah agree - the only setting to have these on is 1, which would suggest to have them on anything else would harshen the ride and therefore why have the adjustables if they are never adjusted??
                  I still stand by my experience with them and ask you ask also keep an eye on the bushes as they will chew through quickly as well. Mine were r**ted after 20,000kms and Tough Dog didn't want to know either.
                  Anyway its totally up to every individual to explore and find their own fit.
                  WK2 Billet Silver Blackhawk.

Comment

Working...
                  X