X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phum
    Established Member
    • Jul 2013

First attempt to measure accurately 11 to100k. Mostly country road ,80k an hour, and a bit of town. Thought it would have been better with my granny driving style. Diesel
    Last edited by phum; 21-06-2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Jeremygralike
      I just registered
      • Jul 2016

My 3.7 is bad on fuel like 21L per 100ks
      It doesn't rev out well when giving it a small amount of pedal and misses abit when doing so any ideas?

Comment

• ill4fr
        I just registered
        • Apr 2017

First run in 07KJ

Just did my first real run in my 07 KJ 3.7 V6, that I picked up a couple of weeks ago, did 449 km and used 50 L. I used Standard Unleaded did about an hour of sand driving in all that but mostly was open highway. Had 3 adults and about 100 kg of equipment, so all in all very happy.

Comment

• adow
          I just registered
          • Feb 2017

At a GPS measured 100kmh it got 9/100, aircon off, cool day. Then did several hundred km at 90kmh to see if it made a difference. I was hoping for 8/100 but it was the same, 9/100.
          2007 Cherokee 2.8 CRD, auto, Anniversary Edition

Comment

• Disco95
            I just registered
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by KJJEEP View Post
            Last car was a KJ 02 LTD V6 average around town 17 L/100.
            New car (next week) 06 CRD LTD KJ ? Hopefully better than V6
            Holy ctap! I get around 11/100 highway and around 13 to 14/100 around town. I can tow a loaded trailer and get around 17/100.
            Edit: 2007 3.6l V6
            Last edited by Disco95; 24-01-2018, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• dhula
              Established Member
              • Apr 2012

Just did Adelaide to Perth.
              KJ full of crap (weighed at 100kg under GVM with my fat arse in it )
              Roof bars and awning on the roof, no basket/rack tho.
              Sat on a GPS 110kph the whole way unless speed signs said not to.
              Final economy was 7.9l/100kms door to door after checking fuel receipts.

Here's something I didn't know tho.....
              When using cruise control, if the speed creeps over where you set it when you heading down hill, the auto will change down a gear/out of OD to bring the speed back down. the bejebus out of me when it did it the first time, thought something was wrong with the little blue bus.
              2006KJCRD+auto.OME susp,Mopar skids
              2010NTDiD+auto.Kings+Dobi+FStone,Bushskinz+BooBoo's skids

Comment

• BeagleCamper
                Established Member
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by dhula View Post
                Just did Adelaide to Perth.
                KJ full of crap (weighed at 100kg under GVM with my fat arse in it )
                Roof bars and awning on the roof, no basket/rack tho.
                Sat on a GPS 110kph the whole way unless speed signs said not to.
                Final economy was 7.9l/100kms door to door after checking fuel receipts.

Here's something I didn't know tho.....
                When using cruise control, if the speed creeps over where you set it when you heading down hill, the auto will change down a gear/out of OD to bring the speed back down. the bejebus out of me when it did it the first time, thought something was wrong with the little blue bus.
                That’s fantastic economy. I’ve never bettered 10l/100km over the 200K I’ve done in mine...and I generally try to drive ecomically.
                Happy Camper!

Comment

• glend
                  AJOR Silver
                  • Sep 2007

Yes a well setup KJ CRD can get some amazing economy figures. I have seen 6L/100 kms (actual GPS figures) on a nice flat section between Roma and St George in QLD, during my Cape York trip. The KJ was fully loaded with camping gear for that trip, including my homemade aero deflector roof rack. I was also running my big (and heavier) tyres and wheel combo (255/70s on MOAB 16x8 rims).
                  In my case I think the Green Diesel Full Torque ECO tune was the big reason for the good economy. I recon that I easily saved the cost of the GDE tune, in fuel economy alone, over the years.

Comment

Working...
                  X