• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeepboy79
    CrawlerStar
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Tom&Phet View Post
    I have to agree with you Jeepboy. I run a K&N filter in my pissy little 1989 Honda CRX for about the last 16 years. The car has now 386000km down on the original engine. Yes the pistons are worn and it uses a bit of oil but nothing drastic (1.5-2l/5000km). No oil leaks either.

I bought a K&N filter for our 3.7l KJ some 5 years ago and so far no issues at all. Our recent 2.8l KJ has the same now with great results in fuel consumption (best so far 7.4l/100km freeway, only 2 ppl and not loaded up).

For my everyday commuting between home and work those filters do me just fine. When I go 4WDing the filter gets changed as the oil clogs up too quick with dust and you can not just shake the f#%&k out of it and put it back in...lol...

...but that's just my opinion....

I agree that in overly dusty conditions you should swap it out for the paper filter. I've kept my paper filter for just this reason. Otherwise K&N is totally fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

It's a KJ thing!
    KJ Cherokee 65th Anniversary Edition

Comment

• Allenriddoch
      I just registered
      • Dec 2013

These days oil clog problem is so common , it happens especially in dusty area. Why dont you to take it to some repair & service station near by , they would diagnose the problem properly & would give you a solution to it. so ithat you wont be facing a problen in long run/

Comment

• crdjon
        Established Member
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Jeepboy79 View Post
        I run a K+N full time. What's wrong with them?
        Any air filter that specifically claims and or actually achieves a lot more air through will by default let a LOT more dust through.
        Trans Cooler, Full flow, XFuel Heat, Cummins, Provent, EGT, Vents. Transgo, Hemi TC P04736587AC

Comment

• glend
          AJOR Silver
          • Sep 2007

IDparts has a sale on this weekend. KJ 2.8 CRD new Garrett turbos for $1099, normally $1200. That's USD. These are new original equipment turbos, not rebuilds or copies.

Comment

• phum
            Established Member
            • Jul 2013

exhausts

I need an exhaust for a2.8 crd, any idea who makes a reasonable pticed 2.5 or 3 inch one?
            I cant find any

Comment

• glend
              AJOR Silver
              • Sep 2007

The stock 2.5" pipes are all you need with a CRD, and 3" will actually be less efficient as it will hinder laminar flow according to US dyno testing. You should get rid of the restrictive stock muffler and the stepdown restriction between the CAT and the muffler flange. Magnaflow make a good flow through stainless muffler that gets rid of restrictions, It's 2.5" in and 2.5" out. I can't remember the part number but I have had one on my CRD for eight years. You could stick a piece of 2.5" straight pipe in between the CAT and the rear stock S/S pipe, you can get away with this on a turbo desel but it maybe illegal in some states (it is also louder than a Magnaflow).

Comment

• phum
                Established Member
                • Jul 2013

Do you have to have the cat, must be restrictive

Comment

• glend
                  AJOR Silver
                  • Sep 2007

Actually It's not, It's just a grid structure that the gases flow over. I believe it is illegal to remove it but I have heard of people gutting it and leaving the case in place. Truthfully at the age of the vehicles are now it probably doesn't do anything anymore. Don't get involved with big dump pipes below the turbo, they stop laminar flow and actually increase system back pressure. You want a littlle back pressure.

Comment

Working...
                  X