transmission skid plate for the crd. where to get them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tim_pato
    • Mar 2015

transmission skid plate for the crd. where to get them.

Can someone please point me in the right direction of a current suplier for under body armour. 06 crd.
  • jetA1
    • Jan 2015

would also like to know, sorry for hijacking!

Comment

• tim_pato
      • Mar 2015

10 characters

Comment

• kanvas
        • Oct 2006

Not really anyone in Australia making them for the KJ. Custom fab or getting a secondhand OEM from someone would be the best bet.
        Of course I know where I'm going.... I don't need a map

Comment

• glend
          AJOR Silver
          • Sep 2007

I don't believe they are available anymore due to the vehicle being out of production. Not many sold anyway so very hard to find on the second hand market. There was a guy who had one made in Victoria I think it was, by a company called 'Brown Davis'. You could try searching here to see if it pops up. The orignal ones are heavy because they are double skin and folded to support the vehicle so if you get one made make sure they are up to the job.

Update I just did an internet search and Brown Davis still advertise both an engine and transmission guard for the KJ.
          Last edited by glend; 26-06-2015, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• tim_pato
            • Mar 2015

Won't sell them interstate said due to the amount of variations they won't sell them unless they have the vehicle in the workshop to make sure it fits.

Comment

• glend
              AJOR Silver
              • Sep 2007

They are lazy, there are only two variations: the bent transmission cross member or the straight cross member. The straight cross member ran in the late models post 2005 facelift, the bent one was earlier models. You talking CRD right? You could buy it on the basis that they supply only and you wear any fit risk but sounds like they just don't want to ship it. Must be nice to have a business that can tell people to go away. You could supply photos and measurements front the engine cross member bolts to the transmission cross member hole - but they've already made up their mind. You could buy it from the US but the shipping woukd kill you. Do you really think you need it or just want it?

Go to a local fabricator with your measurements woud be my advice, and make it at least 4mm steel.
              Last edited by glend; 26-06-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• tim_pato
                • Mar 2015

Yes i will need it, Given the location of the oil filter. I do plan on getting serious about "wheeling" I'm joining the local 4wd club and already been on one outing with them and even with a 2" lift it still bumped and scraped everywhere and i was very anxious about the filter the whole time.

Comment

Working...
                X