What are your next mods / What did you do to your TJ today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mister G
    Senior Newbie
    • Aug 2009

Finally fitted my second hand Warn 8000lb winch and added Dyneema rope. Took the chance and used one of the Chinese Thompson solenoids. Mounted it on a home made bracket behind the right headlight and 35mm2 welding cable. Took a bit to figure the old style 3 pin plug but got there and it works - most diagrams I found were talking about newer more pin plugs. Looks better not having to deal with the standard Warn solenoid box.

Fitted a new Deka Intimidator battery - the standard '06 radio asked for a code when I first turned it on but I turned the radio off, then back on and it went away. Working is good.

Then packed the back out ready for a weekend away. 12 foot 2 piece beach rod just fits inside.

Comment

• crawl3r
      RubiconSlammer
      • Mar 2010

so i went and bought the rod holder for the top of my roof racks as i was originally just gonna sticky tape them on haha but did it once and its too much trouble

no i have the slim line rod holder things that can hold about 8 rods even my wake board and a few rods if i want,has a lock to lock everything down, looks real good and the best part about this design is that the top part closes onto the actual roof rack so it minimizes the overall height and still keeps it practicle

looks a lot better then before how i had the rods

check my build for more pics too!
      AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM

Comment

• brenttj
        Lowranger Shocker
        • Mar 2010

purchased steering dampner bracket from blackjack welding anyone had trouble disconnecting with this installed
        Last edited by brenttj; 28-05-2011, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• crawl3r
          RubiconSlammer
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by brenttj View Post
          purchased steering dampner bracket from blackjack welding anyone had trouble disconnecting with this installed
          iv got the bracket on mine and its fine...doesn't even come close to touching the bracket...now you wont be going through steering dampners like no tomorrow
          AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM

Comment

• Sontssonts
            CrawlerStar
            • Apr 2011

Replaced indicator housings on ARB front bar. The old ones we falling apart from corrosion. Fitted clear side indicator lenses with amber bulbs. Waiting on smoked and clear lenses for bar and front indicators. Thanks for the help on my post regarding this guys. Will upload some photos once fitted.

Comment

• Shauny B
              Full Flexer
              • Jun 2008

Picked up a shelf of richo during the week, thanks mate cut it down a little so it can sit higher for my tool box to fit in. Put some tie down points to it and a net to hold some gear down on the shelf, also some aluminum edging and then decided to make up a tailgate drop down table that was my weekend.
              Attached Files

Comment

• TurboTJ
                TurboTJ
                • Jan 2009

Well its been a while since ive posted, i got my Jeep back last week and it changes gears so smothly now and the clutch is so smooth also, now im broke lol.. Damn apprentice wages....

What happened is my gearbox got sent down to Brisbane somewhere and the place that was ment to be rebuilding my gearbox tried to con $4000 because they found major problems with it, and it was going to be a big job. So i said thanks but no thanks and got them to send the gearbox up to Jeepart in Harvey Bay and Jeepart kept my old box and sent me a fully recod 1 for $2300 with 12 months warranty.

Just waiting for a reverse switch since the recod 1 didnt come with one.. Don't ask y not..... Also the gearbox in mine now is a AX15 i believe its out of the older TJs? Does anyone know what the difference is between an AX15 and a NV3550?
                Last edited by TurboTJ; 29-05-2011, 09:47 PM.
                TJ Is For Sale http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=111686

Comment

• Jonny Jeep
                  RustysRocker
                  • May 2007

I found the source of the knock I've been hearing lately. My next job is a rear axle rebuild. Not something I'll be doing myself though. I don't have the tools to do it right, and with no experience it would take too long.

Comment

Working...
                  X