What are your next mods / What did you do to your TJ today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deanfoldi
    Full Flexer
    • Mar 2010

Booked in the jeep to get ratios and locker installed can get it in untill next Friday though which sucks so pick up Monday after work if all goes well.

Comment

• brenttj
      Lowranger Shocker
      • Mar 2010

replaced the wheel bearing and the nise is still there at 50kp/h thinking i might have got a bad ring gear or dodgy install

Comment

• crawl3r
        RubiconSlammer
        • Mar 2010

this is the official test to see if you have enough clearance haha

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM

Comment

• TJMatty
          I just registered
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by crawl3r View Post
          this is the official test to see if you have enough clearance haha

Just bewere the BUM-P stops Dan Hahaha

But seriously this week i fitted a new BlackJack rear bar with tyre carrier, stearing box guard and bottom radiator tank guard on my TJ.
          Also ordered a couple of ARB diff covers, ready to fit when i get around to putting some lockers in and posibaly even looking at changeing the ratios.
          I have been having some trouble finding the info i am after with the search function in regard to diff ratios! but any input into my situation is welcome, I am curently running stock 3.07 ratios with a 6 speed manual, 31" tyres and 2" lift.
          Since upgradeing from stock (28.4" tyres) i have found i now strugle towing my camper trailer up hills and 6th gear is almost obsolite even without any load.
          I have done some reserch into the diff ratios and am thinking either 3.73 or 4.11 would be suitable. I have also thought about getting a set of headers and 2.5" exsaust system. I already have a snorkle and run a K&N air filter.
          So i am thinking with the intake and exsaust systems giving me a little extra grunt the 3.73 should be spot on the money for a good comprimise between torque and fuel economy Any thoughts on my line of thinking ?
          Also wondering if any one has tried any sort of chip upgrades to their ECU's
          i have seen "JET chips" online and also veiwed some yank fourums saying they don't do anything to improve performance and are just a wast of money !?!? Any constructive advise/info is welcome.

Like i said i have had touble with the search function trying to find related topics so apoligize if this has a been said and done before.
          Havent tried posting any pics yet but will give it a go soon not he biggest or blingest build out there but give ya's a look anyway.
          Thanks Matt
          2"OME lift, 31"Cooper ST's, ARB bar with Warn 9000.sigpic

Comment

• stroked
            Sponsored by Centrelink
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by brenttj View Post
            replaced the wheel bearing and the nise is still there at 50kp/h thinking i might have got a bad ring gear or dodgy install
            take it back and check it out but also check your uni joints, and double cardinal. they can make strange noises when they are rooted.

recessed my xvision reverselight into the arb rear bar, just used a hole saw as the light itself is round inside a square housing.
            was pretty simple just measured the height of the bracket and width of the light ect to make sure it would be in the right spot and bam!

has anyone found the plug/wiring for the bonnet light that comes standard in some of the TJ's? and does anybody know what the extra switch is on the headlight stalk, is it just the foglights or?

Last edited by stroked; 06-08-2011, 12:03 PM.
            JKU 4",12" fox smoothies, sidebiters and some nitto's!

Comment

• brenttj
              Lowranger Shocker
              • Mar 2010

there was no noise before they went in so im gathering its the ratios going back in monday

Comment

• wes
                AJOR Gold
                • Sep 2009

Went wheelin

Attached Files
                Last edited by wes; 27-11-2012, 01:28 PM.
                Check out my TJ stuff for sale:
                http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=111468

Comment

• Judd
                  TerraFlexer
                  • May 2010

i gave mine a bit of a clean and ran some female friends into the city last night, mini skirts and 5.5in of lift wasnt bad at all

Besides that i mounted a 3rd brake, just 3m led strip, looks ok but.
                  OIIIO - Buy it, wheel it, break it, google it, fix it, wheel it - Its a Jeep thing, You understand.

Comment

Working...
                  X