What are your next mods / What did you do to your TJ today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonny Jeep
    RustysRocker
    • May 2007

Starter's not been happy lately spinning out without engaging the ring gear and stopping with a clunk. Stripped it down, cleaned, greased as required and rebuilt at the weekend. Starts everytime now and quieter too. All it cost was a can of cleaner to get all the crap off it.

Comment

• TJIM
      CrawlerStar
      • Mar 2008

Went to Clarke rubber and got some 5mm checker plate rubber matting. Cut it out with a Stanley knife to the same shape as the floor matting. Had this on my previous TJ, excellent for muck and stopping heavy gear sliding around.
      sigpic

Comment

• 4wd
        I just registered
        • Jan 2012

Rear Licence Plate Holder with no rear bumper

Hi everyone;

I removed the rear bumper and made up a licenplate holder incl. the fog light for my TJ.

Have a great weekend
        Last edited by 4wd; 20-04-2012, 10:00 PM. Reason: Add pics
        4wd

Comment

• Tonka Jeep
          I like stuff and things.
          • Feb 2010

Got Published.

Issue 54 of 'Modified 4WDs'

MY JEEP BUILD

Comment

• brenttj
            Lowranger Shocker
            • Mar 2010

started welding up my axle truss going to take a while

Comment

• Kiwi Jeeper
              Lowranger Shocker
              • May 2006

Last weekend:

- Changed diff oil front and rear. While changing the oil for at the back, decided to bling it a bit. Put ARB diff cover that I had lying around. I have obviously painted it black. Rather than use RTV or such, I used Lube Locker metal reusable gaskets. Nice and tidy job, made even easier:

I am sure lockers will make their way soon(ish).

- Changed transfer case and power steering fluids.

This weekend so far, I changed transmission fluid. I thought about dropping the belly plate (or the shovel) but then thought about testing it to see if I could change the fluid without dropping it. Its not a lot of space, but yes it can be done without dropping the skid.

You just have to have very nimble and multi-jointed hands to get to the filter:

I also plumbed new lines to add an external filter to make my life easier (it won't require as frequent internal filter replacement now).

This is what the lines look at the bottom of the radiator:

Older line left unchanged is the return line back to the transmission. Current plumbing:

Transmission --> External Filter and Temp pick-up --> External Cooler in front of the radiator --> Factory under radiator cooler --> Back to transmission

Here is the cooler in front:

Now to get the cooler in there, the easiest way is to remove the passenger headlight (complete assembly) and the slip it from the hole in between the grill and a/c condenser.

My engine and transmission oil temp gauges are already installed:

Took it for a test drive, nothing leaks and the gauge works great.
              '12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L
              '15 KL Trailhawk V6 3.2L

Comment

• wes
                AJOR Gold
                • Sep 2009

yep, I made it to issue 180 of 4WD Action didn't make the cover though, that honour went to a well deserved Defender.

Good to see our old TJ's and the Defender getting featured among all the Japanese station wagons.

Attached Files
                Check out my TJ stuff for sale:
                http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=111468

Comment

• brenttj
                  Lowranger Shocker
                  • Mar 2010

truss done 5 hours 8 rods and 4 grinding discs, doing one inch weld at a time is really slow
                  Last edited by brenttj; 22-04-2012, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X