Top Dog Plus and Penrite Enviro on special..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drover
    MonsterMoose
    • Apr 2005

Top Dog Plus and Penrite Enviro on special..

This weeks special ay Supercheap 2MAY24 till 12 May 24, I see Gulf Western Top Dog Global Plus Engine Oil 10W-40 20 Litre Drums for $115.99 ......... its CK4 so ticks the box...... semi syn or full syn I think is irrelevant really.

Penrite Enviro+ 10W-40 Engine Oil 10L kegs at Repco for $108, fully syn and CJ4 ..................... https://www.repco.com.au/oils-fluids...rite%20Enviro+

So certainly time to stock up.
    Last edited by drover; 03-05-2024, 01:48 PM.
    2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
    Never too old to learn something stupid
  • Jeeper6
    Lowranger Shocker
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by drover View Post
    This weeks special ay Supercheap 2MAY24 till 12 May 24, I see Gulf Western Top Dog Global Plus Engine Oil 10W-40 20 Litre Drums for $115.99 ......... its CK4 so ticks the box...... semi syn or full syn I think is irrelevant really.

Penrite Enviro+ 10W-40 Engine Oil 10L kegs at Repco for $108, fully syn and CJ4 ..................... https://www.repco.com.au/oils-fluids...rite%20Enviro+

So certainly time to stock up.

Good find drover...the Gulf Western has very similar specs to the Penrite in fact, just a much lower TBN (Total Base Number) 8.3 as opposed to Penrite's 13.4, which allegedly indicates the oils ability to continually nuetralise those nasty acids in the crankcase...and of course as you note it is "Semi Synthetic", but with very regular oil changes (under 10k) would likely be fine.

So at $5.80 a litre it is very tempting compared to $10.80 a litre. (Last oil change I paid over $13 a litre for the Penrite from "not so" Supercheap Auto.
    I'll be dropping in to the local Repco though for my old favorite being I might even get the additional 5% RACQ membership discount as well...
    CJ5, CJ7, XJ Sport, WJ HO V8 Overland, WH Hemi V8 Overland, 14 WK2 CRD Laredo-RIP, 15 WK2 CRD Laredo

Comment

• FARWEST
      No Winching
      • Aug 2022

Used the Penrite 10w-40 this time....MUCH quieter than the 5w-40....some Members had stated they also noted the 'noise' change when using the 5w-40.....certainly makes a difference.
      Geeeezus those prices are awesome !!!!.
      Paid around $156 for 2x 5lts of the Penrite 10w-40.
      Will see if there is a REPCO Store here....away for the weekend.THANKS Drover.
      WK2 MY13 CRD LIMITED

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Comment

• bjm
        Lowranger Shocker
        • Jun 2009

The 10w40 Penrite Enviro made a huge difference in the blowby caught in the Provent in my 2010 WH GC diesel .Much quieter also. Will put it in my WK 2012 GC next oil change!

Comment

• drover
          MonsterMoose
          • Apr 2005

You have to remember that Supercheap will match the price if its cheaper elsewhere, just have to show them a current catalogue listing and they will match the price, paper listing or on your phone, I have used it many times when Repco or Autobarn have something cheaper ............... added bonus is Supercheap will drop the price in a week, usually lower than the others so I end up with a credit .......
          2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
          Never too old to learn something stupid

Comment

Working...
          X