X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mhillman
    Established Member
    • Mar 2005

I have what might be a similar problem. When offroad, as the rear wheels come down from a rock onto the ground there is a very loud noise - it's a bit like the tire is very overinflated, and someone hit it with a hammer. It's very like the sound of dropping a tyre a few meters onto concrete. It just seems to putting its tyres down very hard. I haven't pursued it yet as until I get my recovery hooks I'm not off road much, but is this the same problem? I have no issues on the bitumen. It's not a "rattle" or "clank" but a "doinngg
    Marc Hillman - 2012 WK2 LAREDO - 3.0L CRD Auto - Quadralift - Mineral Grey - MJOC Secretary

Comment

• dave21
      I just registered
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by leo6151 View Post
      Called chrysler customer relations twice last week and left messages for them to ring me back.Still waiting.Have now called qld fair trading and they have told me to write to jeep one last time before lodging complaint with them.I have done this last friday and still no reply from them.I am so piss.. off. My complaints are 1.passenger air bag light always on.New wire harness ordered on the 15th jan but cannot get answer when it will be here. 2. car will not start sometimes as it does not reconize the key. New key fob ordered and 3. New shocks ordered again as the dealer said the newer cars do not have the rattle. What the hell am i supposed to do as i am so frustrated with chrysler at their lack of response. I have had this car since nov 2011 and all i want is to get these problems fixed and get on with life.Am i being unreasonable,please somebody tell me.
      You just stopped me buying a jeep. Thank you

Comment

• Savvas
        Established Member
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by mhillman View Post
        I have what might be a similar problem. When offroad, as the rear wheels come down from a rock onto the ground there is a very loud noise - it's a bit like the tire is very overinflated, and someone hit it with a hammer. It's very like the sound of dropping a tyre a few meters onto concrete. It just seems to putting its tyres down very hard. I haven't pursued it yet as until I get my recovery hooks I'm not off road much, but is this the same problem? I have no issues on the bitumen. It's not a "rattle" or "clank" but a "doinngg
        Marc,

What height setting is your quadralift at when this occurs? That sounds like the suspension is at the end of its travel and hitting the bump stops.

It's possible that as the wheel travels down, the suspension tops out and makes the noise.
        Last edited by Savvas; 12-04-2012, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Baxter
          Senior Newbie
          • Feb 2012

I have just come from Jeep Service at Mansfield and this is their latest take on the clunking from the load levelling shocks
          Chyrsler stand on this is that the clunking is normal and is a characteristic of these shocks.If you wish Chyrsler will change th shocks to standard units however you will be required to sign a waiver.
          This is all they told me today but I’m becoming a regular visitor as my GC is loosing water at the rate of about 1 litre per 1000k’s and they are unable to tell me when the Gasket will become available to fix it

Comment

• Savvas
            Established Member
            • Feb 2012

How can you tell if a GC is fitted with the self-levelling shocks, or standard shocks?

Comment

• Baxter
              Senior Newbie
              • Feb 2012

Hi Savvas
              The load levelling shocks are made in Mexico by Sachs (mine have a white sticker at the bottom which has this info)

Comment

• leo6151
                I just registered
                • Jan 2012

I have also been told by the service dept at mansfield the same thing on the shocks. I have said i will sign a waiver so go ahead and order nomal shocks as i am looking at other options on springs and air bags. I will keep you updated on the outcome.

Comment

• Baxter
                  Senior Newbie
                  • Feb 2012

Hi leo
                  Do you know what the waiver is all about?

Comment

Working...
                  X