X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gecko1949
    Senior Newbie
    • Jan 2012

I'm afraid the only news is that there is no news. Maybe Baxter might have had another update???
    sigpicGecko1949

Comment

• Baxter
      Senior Newbie
      • Feb 2012

Hi All
      I have no news and unfortunately I was going through Mansfield Service and now they no longer do any warranty work on Jeeps so looks like I may have to start again with Albion.I have read on other forums that a fix TSB will be available in the new year in the US.

Comment

• jjgc
        Established Member
        • Jan 2012

Thanks Gecko1949 + Baxter.
        I guess I will just keep complaining at least they don't alter the ride or handerling characteristics, just sick of the constant rumberling. What a shame we have this issue with the jeep because I really love the thing.
        By the time Jeep sort it out we will have new shockers in a three year old Grand Cherokee.
        Regards
        Peter
        Last edited by jjgc; 21-11-2012, 12:41 PM.
        Jeep WK2 My12 Laredo diesel Mineral Grey. Jayco sterling 21 65 3

Comment

• Wato
          I just registered
          • Feb 2013

Hi there. I am new to this as I only bought the WK2 in Oct 12. So far I love it BUT! I also have this rear shock problem - The car is a July 12 build, diesel Limited with SLS shocks and the noise started just after first 1000kms service . I have read all the threads on here and also the jeepgarage site but there hasnt been anything recently and I was wondering if there had been any progress since last year.

I also started reading the TSB docs on wk2jeeps.com and saw there was one: 17-002-13 that referred to adding grease to the shocks (though this was to fix a squeak and not the thudding/knocking sound i am getting all the time). Has anyone has had this done? Also if there were any aftermarket shocks anyone had found yet.

No I haven't gone back to the dealer with this yet as the 10k service isnt too far away and anyway frankly my dog seems to know more about this car than they do! Also I was hoping I could point them to a TSB or known Jeep resolution before I have that conversation. If anyone has any news I'd love to hear it as I'm sick of turning the stereo up full every time I want to go somewhere.

Comment

• Baxter
            Senior Newbie
            • Feb 2012

As of last month there is no solution, the latest update they gave me was that new shocks are on the way but nobody knows when (my guess is never). I'm waiting for an after market shock to come out (Dobinson are currently working on a replacement).

Comment

• ozjeepster
              It's a JK Thing ;)
              • Jan 2010

There I a fix for this knocking noise depending on what shock you have , normal shock gets a blend of some special goop on the jounce rubber to keep it tight on the top mount & if you have the load levelling shock it gets a new re-designed top mount ill get the bulletin number for you all 2morro when I get to work

Comment

• MattG
                CrawlerStar
                • Nov 2010

I think I may have the same problem - my crd wk2 has only 500km so far, but I have noticed the suspension does have a bit of a clunk over small road bumps (when I'm not cranking the radio). Don't know if I'm just being paranoid though - I'm might try and get a sound grab from the boot! I just poked my head underneath and definitely have the Sachs shocks (68039560AA). I didn't get the towpack though, just a dealer installed mopar towbar.

Comment

• MattG
                  CrawlerStar
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                  I think I may have the same problem - my crd wk2 has only 500km so far, but I have noticed the suspension does have a bit of a clunk over small road bumps (when I'm not cranking the radio). Don't know if I'm just being paranoid though - I'm might try and get a sound grab from the boot! I just poked my head underneath and definitely have the Sachs shocks (68039560AA). I didn't get the towpack though, just a dealer installed mopar towbar.
                  Here is a short clip of the noise: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RshGp2iqik4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RshGp2iqik4[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                  X