X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • churbrew
    Senior Newbie
    • Nov 2014

Hey guys I'm thinking my Jeep has this, just noticed it yesterday, I usually have the stereo blasting but forgot to turn my phones bluetooth on. I heard a quiet knock/rattle noise from the suspension.

Can anyone tell me if the '14 overland diesel has the right shocks mentioned in the service bulletin - rear load leveling?

Comment

• ozjeepster
      It's a JK Thing ;)
      • Jan 2010

They have the same shocks mate your dealer will have to raise a Tech Case on the rear Shock Chuckle to get approval to replace the upper rear shock mounts under warranty as the new mounts should have already been on the 14s from factory but it looks like a few have been fitted with the older style due too excess stock of the early shocks which is understandable as there is nothing wrong with them apart from the upper rubbers being not quite big enough to stop noise transfer , iv replaced about 8 sets on the 14s so you shouldnt have an issue

OIIIIIIIO

Comment

• jjgc
        Established Member
        • Jan 2012

What ozjeepster said x2
        Jeep WK2 My12 Laredo diesel Mineral Grey. Jayco sterling 21 65 3

Comment

• rack201
          Senior Newbie
          • Jan 2014

Yep - I have the MY14, and just asked them about the fix at my last service - they were happy to do it. No mention of any approval or attempt to convince me it wasn't required.. It really has fixed the issue. Now I just need to find where the gravel is I can hear rattling that I scooped up when I bottomed out over a water break in a trail

Comment

• ozjeepster
            It's a JK Thing ;)
            • Jan 2010

That will be sitting ontop of your rear mufflers lol

OIIIIIIIO

Comment

• churbrew
              Senior Newbie
              • Nov 2014

Cheers guys, just hit 4500km very disappointed when I started hearing the knock rattle chuckling noise, sounds like my old 300,000km falcon. Have absolutely loved the Jeep so far, hoping it's not a sign of things to come.
              Mine is April build so probably one of the last to come with the old mounts.

Comment

• rack201
                Senior Newbie
                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by ozjeepster View Post
                That will be sitting ontop of your rear mufflers lol

OIIIIIIIO
                I swear it sounds like its at the base of the drivers side door somewhere.. its getting less over time so maybe its worked its way out..

Comment

• ozjeepster
                  It's a JK Thing ;)
                  • Jan 2010

Check the 2 large rubber bungs in the underside of the battery compartment , you may well have pushed them up into the battery box or off altogether with a large scoop of crap rolling around in the compartment

OIIIIIIIO

Comment

Working...
                  X