X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GMWK2
    Established Member
    • Feb 2012

I should have some photos for the ones I'm having fabricated very soon.
    Very keen to see what you come up with.
    Now - MY17 Overland, White
    Gone - MY15 Overland, Black
    Gone - MY12 Laredo, Grey

Comment

• bmackin
      CrawlerStar
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Nice BMackin - even ARB/TJM started small! Sounds like your recovery hooks will be bolted to the brackets like the factory ones? Just asking as I'm interested in just the hooks to mount to existing nudge bar brackets (also made by best bars and very similar to the mopar recovery brackets).

I'm also interested in the front bash plate you've mentioned.
      There will be 2 options, recovery hooks with mounting brackets, and a 1 piece recovery solution (for each side) that is a recovery loop and bracket all-in-one. So to answer your question, you will be able to use the hooks independently of the brackets. Whether the mounting holes on the recovery hooks line up for your intended purpose I cannot say, but they will be available to use independently.

Cheers!
      2012 WK2 Overland - Mineral Grey, 5.7L, Quadra-Lift - (Rock Rails & 275/65R18 Maxxis MT-762s)

Comment

• Kev.
        Senior Newbie
        • May 2012

Originally posted by bmackin View Post
        There will be 2 options, recovery hooks with mounting brackets, and a 1 piece recovery solution (for each side) that is a recovery loop and bracket all-in-one. So to answer your question, you will be able to use the hooks independently of the brackets. Whether the mounting holes on the recovery hooks line up for your intended purpose I cannot say, but they will be available to use independently.

Cheers!
        If you wanted your fabricator to test fit the hook only to the existing Mopar nudge bar brackets just give me a shout. I'd be happy to have them look at mine!
        2012 WK2 Laredo 3.6L V6

Comment

• bmackin
          CrawlerStar
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Kev. View Post
          If you wanted your fabricator to test fit the hook only to the existing Mopar nudge bar brackets just give me a shout. I'd be happy to have them look at mine!
          Kev,

I might take you up on that offer. Are you located in Brisbane or Gold Coast? What year is your WK2?

Cheers,
          Bill
          Last edited by bmackin; 02-07-2013, 11:22 AM.
          2012 WK2 Overland - Mineral Grey, 5.7L, Quadra-Lift - (Rock Rails & 275/65R18 Maxxis MT-762s)

Comment

• bmackin
            CrawlerStar
            • Mar 2012

Things got a bit hectic for end-of-finanical-year for the fabricator, but things are back on schedule. The prototype of the bash plate is done and the recovery hooks should be done tomorrow. I am going to inspect the prototypes and hopefully fit them to the vehicle on the 4th. I should have photos of the recovery hooks and bash plate for everyone on the 4th or 5th.

If all goes well, I will be testing the prototypes this weekend up at LCMP.

Cheers,
            Bill

Comment

• Kev.
              Senior Newbie
              • May 2012

Originally posted by bmackin View Post
              Kev,

I might take you up on that offer. Are you located in Brisbane or Gold Coast? What year is your WK2?

Cheers,
              Bill
              Hi Bill,

2012 Laredo V6 Petrol.

On the Gold Coast (live at Upper Coomera). The wife generally has the car at work in Southport, but I'm off work this week so I have it.

Let me know if you want to test fit the hooks and I'm sure we can arrange something!

Kev.
              2012 WK2 Laredo 3.6L V6

Comment

• imaz
                Full Flexer
                • Jan 2013

Any updates on both fabricators? Really interested in the solid version with the hooks bending outwards. See what your mates can price them up for and couriered to WA.

Is it difficult to take off the front bar?
                2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 3.6L v6, Mineral Grey.

Comment

• fwdjeep
                  Established Member
                  • May 2012

Yes
                  Looking for a suitable recovery device for MY13
                  The current option is far too expensive and difficult to use
                  Can we see a picture yet?

Comment

Working...
                  X