• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmackin
    CrawlerStar
    • Mar 2012

Hey guys,

The hooks we designed (previous photos), which were almost an exact copy of the stock hooks, didn't pass engineering certification. As you can imagine, we were very surprised. Since that time, we've performed FEA testing on 10 design iterations, making changes along the way to increase strength, improve ease of installation and lower manufacturing costs. Well after all that work, I'm happy to announce we've finally passed certification. I'm really happy with the final product. We've taken the time to make sure these are 100% correct and I think it shows in the final product.

We will be offering 2 versions:

WK2 Recovery Hooks (front - pair)
    2500kg SWL (Safe Working Load) Engineer Certified
    7500kg MBS (Minimum Breaking Strength) Engineer Certified

WK2 Recovery Points (front - pair)
    4500kg SWL (Safe Working Load) Engineer Certified
    13500kg MBS (Minimum Breaking Strength) Engineer Certified

I'm sending them off to have prototypes made today and I should have something back in the next week or two, depending on how quickly the manufacturer can get them done. In the meantime, the engineer is creating detailed 3D renderings for me. I should have the 3D renderings for everyone to look at early next week.

Cheers,
    Bill
    2012 WK2 Overland - Mineral Grey, 5.7L, Quadra-Lift - (Rock Rails & 275/65R18 Maxxis MT-762s)

Comment

• noons
      Established Member
      • Oct 2012

Bill, that's fantastic news!
      I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone here when I say..

You bloody ripper!!
      2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Limited - Luxury Group, Pano Roof, Falken Wildpeak 275/65r18

Comment

• fwdjeep
        Established Member
        • May 2012

Originally posted by bmackin View Post
        Hey guys,

The hooks we designed (previous photos), which were almost an exact copy of the stock hooks, didn't pass engineering certification. As you can imagine, we were very surprised. Since that time, we've performed FEA testing on 10 design iterations, making changes along the way to increase strength, improve ease of installation and lower manufacturing costs. Well after all that work, I'm happy to announce we've finally passed certification. I'm really happy with the final product. We've taken the time to make sure these are 100% correct and I think it shows in the final product.

We will be offering 2 versions:

WK2 Recovery Hooks (front - pair)
        2500kg SWL (Safe Working Load) Engineer Certified
        7500kg MBS (Minimum Breaking Strength) Engineer Certified

WK2 Recovery Points (front - pair)
        4500kg SWL (Safe Working Load) Engineer Certified
        13500kg MBS (Minimum Breaking Strength) Engineer Certified

I'm sending them off to have prototypes made today and I should have something back in the next week or two, depending on how quickly the manufacturer can get them done. In the meantime, the engineer is creating detailed 3D renderings for me. I should have the 3D renderings for everyone to look at early next week.

Cheers,
        Bill

Fantastic can hardly wait

Comment

• GMWK2
          Established Member
          • Feb 2012

Good news indeed!!!
          Now - MY17 Overland, White
          Gone - MY15 Overland, Black
          Gone - MY12 Laredo, Grey

Comment

• drover
            MonsterMoose
            • Apr 2005

Thats good news for everyone, do they actually test the vehicle mount point as well or just the manufactured item ????? The vehicle mount point doesn't really look like it has much substance.
            2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
            Never too old to learn something stupid

Comment

• PVR
              I just registered
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by gregm View Post
              Good news indeed!!!
              Nice work bill. Yep great news indeed. Thought you went quiet for a while, but obviously very busy behind the scenes.

For the dummies (I.e. Me), with the two mods, would they be seen as one for most use and one for more hardcore 4wd.

Cheers,
              Paul
              sigpic
              PVR

Comment

• Nicholas
                Established Member
                • Feb 2013

The vehicle mount point for the front tow hooks is designed for 1 x gvw (3t) constant use and 2 x gvw (6t) with no seperation (may bend structure). In saying this an equilising strap with 2x2.5t recovery hooks will get you out of pretty much anything.
                Don't Hold Back!

Comment

• timbotrog
                  Lowranger Shocker
                  • Jul 2007

Had to laugh, rear recoverpoint on a WK SRT8 at work today. It'd pull the other vehicle into next week!
                  sigpicI'm interested in apathy.
                  2014 Anvil JKU Rubicon

Comment

Working...
                  X