• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane001
    CrawlerStar
    • Jun 2015

CRD passenger side oil leak

So I've got an annoying little oil leak on the passenger side. Origin looks to be somewhere above the diff so just can't see where it's coming from.

It's not from the front as that's dry, nor is it from up high as I can't see any oil leakage anywhere from the top.

I'm thinking it must be the sump gasket, but that would be unusual?

Is there anything on the passenger side of the engine about the diff area that is prone to leakage?
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 3.0lt CRD
  • Stewatpark
    AJOR Gold
    • Oct 2021

The oil cooler seals are a well known place to leak engine oil . The cooler is located in the valley of the engine . Well documented on Youtube .

Comment

• Shane001
      CrawlerStar
      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Stewatpark View Post
      The oil cooler seals are a well known place to leak engine oil . The cooler is located in the valley of the engine . Well documented on Youtube .
      Thanks, yeah aware of that issue, but leak is not coming from the valley.

Comment

• Clarky
        Irok Bandit
        • Apr 2012

Valley drain whole exit is just above the starter motor
        sigpic SOLD 06 Limited G/C QuadraDrive II Lovells 2"Lift +30 rims 265/70/17 Imported Saguaro Bar Stedi

Comment

• Shane001
          CrawlerStar
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
          Valley drain whole exit is just above the starter motor
          Good info to know thanks, but this is coming from the front of the engine, somewhere above the diff housing, whereas I'm pretty sure the starter motor is mounted at the back of the engine

Comment

• Clarky
            Irok Bandit
            • Apr 2012

I also had a leak from the HP fuel pump. The bolts came loose on mine. With the engine running you will notice the pump moving against the engine block slightly out of sync if it's an issue.

the only other place I had issue with was the intercooler hoses. they tend to get lined with oil and start to weep as they get older.
            sigpic SOLD 06 Limited G/C QuadraDrive II Lovells 2"Lift +30 rims 265/70/17 Imported Saguaro Bar Stedi

Comment

Working...
            X