X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeepbloke2
    Full Flexer
    • Mar 2008

awesome might look at these seriously if i decide 2 keep the chero. so can trim enough 2 fit 31's at full flex?
    Money pit 2000 XJ
    Build up... SOLD!!
    Isuzu Dmax build up!!

Comment

• XJKEE
      RubiconSlammer
      • May 2007

Originally posted by jeepbloke2 View Post
      awesome might look at these seriously if i decide 2 keep the chero. so can trim enough 2 fit 31's at full flex?
      Not sure yet, but shoul be fine as I had full flex before. Put in 2" bumpstops and was just touching the inner fender at full flex (disconnected). And that was with about 3" lift.
      Go custom - Ya know it will fit

Comment

• jeepbloke2
        Full Flexer
        • Mar 2008

sweet might go 31's then... getting a lift soon. i no its been covered heaps but would u recommend goin 4 them? doesnt effect economy or performance 2 much?
        Money pit 2000 XJ
        Build up... SOLD!!
        Isuzu Dmax build up!!

Comment

• unlimited96
          I just registered
          • Feb 2009

Gday, just a quick pic of my 96 XJ that I bought 2 weeks ago, enjoying the car so far......

Comment

• Gojeep
            LokRinger
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by XJKEE View Post
            I got them of USA 4x4. I asked if they were the Rusty's ones as I had also heard about the bad rep. These are made in Oz by a local company in Victoria. On the box they came in, it says "Duraflare". Pretty happy with them and they have a nice finish and are still flexible and yes they are made for an XJ. All up was just under 600 including delivery to Darwin. They are made out of polyurethane and are 1" wider that stock which suited me perfectly. They mount up higher and had to take off the side blinkers (still working out what to do about it) and haven't put the inner guards back in yet (working out best way). I cut the front guards, but left the rear. The only downside I guess is the rivets. They come painted black, but are too short (lucky I had thought about this and already had some longer ones). I used the rubber piping on the rear, but not the front as I think it would have put the top of the rubber above the guardline. Instead I will tape the top and push Sikaflex from under to fill out some of the small gaps.
            Good to hear that they are not Rustys.
            For the replacement side indicators, why not just drill out the blanked off hole in the corner lights? The same globe fitting from the side indicators fit right in. Have done it before.
            Cheers, Marcus.

My web site:
            http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club

Comment

• Dan96XJ
              AJOR Silver
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by jeepbloke2 View Post
              sweet might go 31's then... getting a lift soon. i no its been covered heaps but would u recommend goin 4 them? doesnt effect economy or performance 2 much?
              dont need wider flares if you use stock rims or same BS as stock (5.25") and stick to a 31x10.5

Comment

• XJKEE
                RubiconSlammer
                • May 2007

Originally posted by Gojeep View Post
                Good to hear that they are not Rustys.
                For the replacement side indicators, why not just drill out the blanked off hole in the corner lights? The same globe fitting from the side indicators fit right in. Have done it before.
                Ok that's a good idea - will do. Wouldn't mind getting some clear ones as well.

Comment

• XJKEE
                  RubiconSlammer
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by Dan96XJ View Post
                  dont need wider flares if you use stock rims or same BS as stock (5.25") and stick to a 31x10.5
                  Yep that's what I had on. Just rubbed on the lower control arms (RE) Originally I was getting rims with a +10mm backspacing which would have been pretty close to fit under the flares. Only 3 turned up, but the had heaps of the rims I ended up with and the price was OK to. I don't really mind as I like the look of these flares better than stock and it gives it a wider stance.

Comment

Working...
                  X