• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XJKEE
    RubiconSlammer
    • May 2007

Originally posted by jeepbloke2 View Post
    sweet might go 31's then... getting a lift soon. i no its been covered heaps but would u recommend goin 4 them? doesnt effect economy or performance 2 much?
    I think 31's are good as don't have to change too much to fit, but still gives better clearance etc. I don't notice the performance too much, but I don't drive like I need it anymore. Economy? yep it is up a bit, and have just put in O2 sensors to see if there is any difference.
    Go custom - Ya know it will fit

Comment

• Dan96XJ
      AJOR Silver
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by XJKEE View Post
      Yep that's what I had on. Just rubbed on the lower control arms (RE) Originally I was getting rims with a +10mm backspacing which would have been pretty close to fit under the flares. Only 3 turned up, but the had heaps of the rims I ended up with and the price was OK to. I don't really mind as I like the look of these flares better than stock and it gives it a wider stance.
      you can adjust this very easily with washers on the steering stops. even a mechanical retard like me can achieve this. lose a bit of turning circle but no rubbing. tubular lower control arms helps too.

Comment

• XJKEE
        RubiconSlammer
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Dan96XJ View Post
        you can adjust this very easily with washers on the steering stops. even a mechanical retard like me can achieve this. lose a bit of turning circle but no rubbing. tubular lower control arms helps too.
        Yep, I know this and have RE lower control arms. Am happy with the setup now, especially when the springs arrive. Really like the wider look without going overboard.
        Go custom - Ya know it will fit

Comment

• ceven
          AJOR Gold
          • Mar 2006

Poser shot taken at Rover Park

Why is common sense not common?

Comment

• Steve F
            So play on just play on
            • Dec 2002

As of today

Cheers
            Steve
            Over 5'000 Club

Comment

• Dudzy
              Established Member
              • Dec 2008

Very nice Steve, looks awesome.

Comment

• ceven
                AJOR Gold
                • Mar 2006

How much bigger does yours look with 32's? Also makes me think my front bar is ugly!!
                Why is common sense not common?

Comment

• eksjay
                  Full Flexer
                  • Jan 2009

I have two rigs. The one pictured is a 95 XJ Sport Classic - the one with the 6 Stacker CD player and the extra chrome finishes.

Bought her new in December 95, have trampled all over the deserts, mountain ranges, dune fields etc and most of this was done without any mods - just as she rolled off the production line.

Has spent most of her life travelling long distances on trails and long highways but not used for a daily drive - has spent the other half of her life garaged. 210,000km on odo. The engine is stronger than ever, and she is mechanically sound.

Was recently upgraded with a 2" rear lift [you can hardly tell from this photo] - two extra leafs were added but replaced the Bilstein shocks with new ones, D bushes, and suspension bushes, and every bush I can think of ....

Now shod with Goodyear Silent Armor Wranglers.

And she is not for sale!!!

The other rig is my trusty Gary Fisher Mountain Bike. She goes where my XJ cannot go!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X