X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • junglejuice
    MonsterMoose
    • Nov 2003

If we were to change the fuel rail to a type that doesn't have the built in regulator is there a "wrecker option" regulator available, does anybody know?
    How do the commies and falcons regulate their pressure?????
    JJ

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland

Comment

• rainman
      Rock Munki
      • Mar 2008

They have fuel pressure regulators on the fuel rail that will not "drop into the jeep fuel rail".
      The ford one runs the same pressure as the OBD1 jeeps.

If we were to change the fuel rail to a type that doesn't have the built in regulator is there a "wrecker option" regulator available, does anybody know?
      I think that blanking off the back of the fpr void, on the stock OBD1 fuel rail, so the fuel runs straight out of the rail and into a off rail fpr, like what is common in aftermarket turbo applications would be simplest.
      Don't know of a stock off-raill FPR setup that you get at a wreckers. Would also have to establish the fuel pressure of the off-rail FPR.
      You could also get an aftermarket adjustable offrail fpr, but for the money & time it would be cheaper just to get the 49PSI Chrysler regulator shipped from the states.
      Last edited by rainman; 13-04-2010, 09:58 PM.
      Obd1 scanner.
      '95 sport,4.6 stroker, 4.5" lift, 32"s, 4:10's, 8.25&SYE, taurus fan

Comment

• junglejuice
        MonsterMoose
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by rainman View Post

They have fuel pressure regulators on the fuel rail that will not "drop into the jeep fuel rail".
        The ford one runs the same pressure as the OBD1 jeeps.

I think that blanking off the back of the fpr void, on the stock OBD1 fuel rail, so the fuel runs straight out of the rail and into a off rail fpr, like what is common in aftermarket turbo applications would be simplest.
        Don't know of a stock off-raill FPR setup that you get at a wreckers. Would also have to establish the fuel pressure of the off-rail FPR.
        You could also get an aftermarket adjustable offrail fpr, but for the money & time it would be cheaper just to get the 49PSI Chrysler regulator shipped from the states.
        So the Falcon injectors run at the same pressure as an OBD1 Jeep????
        JJ

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland

Comment

• mr baer
          I just registered
          • Feb 2011

So where did you guys buy your neon injectors from, the best price I could get in NZ was $600 EACH!!

Comment

• rainman
            Rock Munki
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by mr baer View Post
            So where did you guys buy your neon injectors from, the best price I could get in NZ was $600 EACH!!
            in the first post
            "Handy links:
            Most of the injectors mentioned above can be bought reconditioned for about $25 usd each, here:
            http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.co...ge/5522851.htm
            Alternatively:
            http://www.injectorwarehouse.com/index.html
            "
            Obd1 scanner.

Comment

• Cypher
              Full Flexer
              • Jan 2011

Thanks to this thread instead of cleaning my injectors I'm ordering 6 upgraded ones from the US from eBay:

There's a video on that page that shows the difference between the stock jeep injectors and the newer Bosch ones, pretty amazing difference.

Comment

• topstarnec
                I just registered
                • Aug 2011

I think fuel economy of RAINMAN’s car actually is 10L/100Km to 11L/100Km since speed sensor installed on output shaft of trans.

The reality travel distance is about 13.4% more than displayed on the dashpot since changed the differential ration from 4.10 to 3.55.

Comment

• rainman
                  Rock Munki
                  • Mar 2008

dude there is no way my heap gets that sort of economy.
                  At the moment it is getting 14.5-15 l/100 km. spedo is right with the 410 ratios & 32" tyres checked against a gps.
                  Obd1 scanner.

Comment

Working...
                  X