• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adrian D
    Lowranger Shocker
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by layback40 View Post
    Isnt the 722 a Mercedes trans? If so you may wish to ask on Pelican parts. There are a lot of good people there.
    We just need the exact codes and it's fixable. I've rebuilt two so far

Originally posted by ren0vator View Post

AdrianD I'd believe it ... it's a Jeep
    Here's a kicker: on my old WG, it would throw a P2502 code (transmission slipping) when cold, if driven very lightly. Restart, and off you go without any problems for a while.

Internet's conclusion: when locking, the converter would send vibrations down the drivetrain and they would cause incorrect signals on the speed sensors (rebuilt transmission, valvebody, converter, new conductor board).
    Originally posted by Barefoot
    Hey I wonder what happens if I plug this wire in therAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH............

Comment

• JeanLuke
      Lowranger Shocker
      • Jul 2017

Hmmmm, vibrations when locking can be a symptom of water contamination of the oil. Apparently it doesn't take much water to cause this.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

• indiedog
        Full Flexer
        • Dec 2008

I've ordered a cheapie ELM327 from eBay. The genuine versions are about $100 and delivery time also a factor. Looking to purchase a cheap android tablet to pair with it. Hopefully I'll know by mid-week what the exact issue is. With any luck the reader will also work on my KJ CRD.
        http://www.arcoeco.com.au

Comment

• JeanLuke
          Lowranger Shocker
          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by indiedog View Post
          I've ordered a cheapie ELM327 from eBay. The genuine versions are about $100 and delivery time also a factor.
          I know it's tempting to buy the $10 eBay ones, but from experience it won't work. See the information here: https://jeepswj.com/software/ The author of the software has published this for a reason. I recommend very strongly that you heed the advice.

EDIT: The is one listed on that site that you can currently buy from an Australian vendor for $47. See https://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/elm327-bluetooth

Originally posted by indiedog View Post
          With any luck the reader will also work on my KJ CRD.
          No, it won't - at least not the WJ Diag Pro. It is only for the WG/WJ 2.7 CRD. The hardware might work but you will need different software. Try Torque Pro. It might work with the cheap eBay adaptor.
          Last edited by JeanLuke; 08-02-2020, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• indiedog
            Full Flexer
            • Dec 2008

I couldn't get that link to work to the Aussie supplier before. Also doing a search on here for readers indicated quite a few members who were more than happy with their chinese knock offs. So in order to expedite things I went down that path. Should it fail I haven't lost much and will source the Aussie seller. EDIT: If you read the details on that aussie seller link they do not use the original ELM chip so it is not technically an original ELM327 unit anyway.

I understand the software likely work on the KJ as yes totally different beasts. However I did read somewhere that the software may work on other Jeep vehicles so we'll see. If not I'll find software to suit.
            Last edited by indiedog; 08-02-2020, 02:30 PM.
            http://www.arcoeco.com.au

Comment

• Adrian D
              Lowranger Shocker
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by JeanLuke View Post
              Hmmmm, vibrations when locking can be a symptom of water contamination of the oil. Apparently it doesn't take much water to cause this.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
              Definitely not in my case, the 2002 TCM software is aggressive with the torque converter clutch, it locks early for improved fuel consumption around town, but the 2003+ software makes the car feel smoother.

Regarding the ELM327 adapters, I have two cheapies, one which I use for steering wheel controls and one for diagnostics. $15 each...
              Look around on local flea-market websites, test a cheapie and if it works, it works. The WJ Diag Free is good for testing.
              Last edited by Adrian D; 09-02-2020, 07:24 AM.
              Hey I wonder what happens if I plug this wire in therAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH............

Comment

• bodgie
                Rock Munki
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Adrian D View Post

Regarding the ELM327 adapters, I have two cheapies, one which I use for steering wheel controls and one for diagnostics. $15 each...
                Look around on local flea-market websites, test a cheapie and if it works, it works. The WJ Diag Free is good for testing.
                Apaprently Jaycar sell one that works must be legit ELM327.

Comment

• Adrian D
                  Lowranger Shocker
                  • Apr 2007

Or a good clone. I think V1.5 clones work in general. I tested a clone that implements a newer version and it did not work.
                  Last edited by Adrian D; 10-02-2020, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X