• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimmyJ
    • Nov 2013

White smoke after injector seal replacement

Hi Guys,

I'm Back for some more help with my WG.

So it blew number three injector seal for the 3rd time in about 18 months. Why is it always number 3?

My mechanic came out to replace the seal as he's done before, but this time the injector bolt wouldn't tighten. The bolt thread hole was worn. I got Thread Pro to come and redo the bolt hole and all appeared to work fine.

However, there's always something else right?
    The car has sat for two weeks waiting to organise the repairs and I drove it today for the first time. It's now blowing white smoke and has a bit of a tick happening. I can also feel a bit of a shudder as you go up through the gears and the revs get higher then stops once you're cruising (gear box is fine).

If anyone can shed any light that would be appreciated.

Thank you
  • Adrian D
    Lowranger Shocker
    • Apr 2007

White smoke is usually unburnt fuel.

Injector 3 might have serious issues, causing higher cylinder pressure (injecting at the wrong time) which lead to the same seal failing. Now it works even worse, injecting even more fuel.

I would not drive it until at least you do a injector correction read-out with WJDiagPro. An injector that pumps an unmetered amount of fuel might lead even to a molten piston.
    Originally posted by Barefoot
    Hey I wonder what happens if I plug this wire in therAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH............

Comment

• JimmyJ
      • Nov 2013

Thank you for your reply Adrian. It turned out that when the injector was put back in somehow the new seal had cracked. Replace that and it drove perfect for three weeks then the helicoil repair let go.

Comment

Working...
      X