X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • narly
    Established Member
    • Apr 2003

Interested to see what you find , bodgie. Would it be possible to keep us informed ?
    DUST: Mud with the juice squeezed out.

Comment

• narly
      Established Member
      • Apr 2003

Sorry for the bump . I haven't done anything about mine yet , but it's going to have to happen soon , planning a trip. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.
      Bodgie , did you drop your tank , if so what sort of a job is it ?

Comment

• bodgie
        Rock Munki
        • Aug 2009

I thought I had replied to this thread.

When I dropped my tank it was OK, the leaks were coming from the hoses pushed onto the barbed fittings. Essentially the vent and return hoses were loose and leaking fuel in certain situations.

I cleaned it all up, re fitted and used cable ties as cheap host clamps to keep the fuel in the tank. So far it has been working well.

Took a couple of hours to sort out, not overly difficult a job.

Jason

Comment

• narly
          Established Member
          • Apr 2003

Thank's for your quick reply Jason. Might attack it in the next couple of weeks .

Neil

Comment

• narly
            Established Member
            • Apr 2003

Sorry to bump this thread again , but I was just wondering whats involved in dropping the tank. Is it possible to drop it low enough to see whats going on without disconnecting all the hoses as I hear the the system is pressurized all the time.
            Any tips / tricks ???????

Comment

• bodgie
              Rock Munki
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by narly View Post
              Sorry to bump this thread again , but I was just wondering whats involved in dropping the tank. Is it possible to drop it low enough to see whats going on without disconnecting all the hoses as I hear the the system is pressurized all the time.
              Any tips / tricks ???????
              Yes it is, you don't need to lift the car very high if at all to be able to lower the tank enough to see what you need. You may need to disconnect the filler hose though but this is pretty easy to access.

Jason

Comment

• drover
                MonsterMoose
                • Apr 2005

Narly, the fuel system is only pressurized at the engine no pressure around the tank. If you jack it up so the axle is hanging with the LH wheel removed you should be able to get a good look at the tank plumbing thru the wheel arch.
                2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
                Never too old to learn something stupid

Comment

• narly
                  Established Member
                  • Apr 2003

Thank's fella's . Drover , I jacked it up and removed the wheel on the weekend , couldn't see a thing. The filler hose disappears through a gap in the guard at the top and theres hardly any gap between the top of the tank and the spare tyre well. I'll have another look on the weekend , can't do to much yet as the tank is almost full . Though it's probably the best time to find out what's happening , bit weighty though .

Comment

Working...
                  X