X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sockeye
    Full Flexer
    • Jun 2009

I think I still have a set of all four springs from GC sitting around somewhere.

Comment

• BACAMICK
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by drover View Post
      But if your fitting an actual set off a 2001 rig they are probably stuffed anyway, you should have 500mm from hub centre to gaurd at least.
      cheers drover , this set was only put on in 2012 , they have air bags in them as well so should be ok , is it true that ya only need 6-8 psi in airbags when towing , im thinking back to the old air shock days when 40psi was kewl

Comment

• drover
        MonsterMoose
        • Apr 2005

When I had a set in the old Grand, I emailed the maker and they said 10 psi was the most you needed when towing and only about 4 -5 psi when empty, it seems anymore and the bags are doing the springs work while it should be the bags augmenting the springs. Actually thinking about putting a set on mine as I tow a lot nowadays.
        2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
        Never too old to learn something stupid

Comment

• fester
          No Winching
          • Jun 2010

The psi is not critical nor a specific figure. You put as much air as needed to get the vehicle back to ride height, assuming you do not exceed the bags limits. However most brands you do not pump up to height. You have to air them up without load. So you measure standard, then measure loaded, put a jack under then air up and check etc. Or take the weight off then do it and back on. Obviously with a van you then know what figure to use next time, but a random weight in the back is trial and error.
          I got a sweater for Chrissy, nothing wrong with that except I was hoping for a moaner or a screamer.

Comment

Working...
          X