X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RickP
    Senior Newbie
    • Aug 2015

No worries, I'll give it a try. Would be better than buying one.

Comment

• Adrian D
      Lowranger Shocker
      • Apr 2007

You can get one from any Mercedes with an automatic transmission running the 2.2 and 2.7 engines (OM611 and OM612). I suspect the 3.2 (OM613) flex plate also fits. There also is a thicker flex plate available for Sprinters with the 2.7.

Mine was worn in 3 spots and had a crack. I got one from a low mileage E200CDI, absolutely identical, no cracks, no wear. It was 15 euros + delivery. If you can't find one at the breakers in OZ, check with sellers on ebay.de, some may ship to Australia. Search for Zahnkranz.
      Originally posted by Barefoot
      Hey I wonder what happens if I plug this wire in therAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH............

Comment

• Tyvokka
        Jedi Master
        • Jan 2011

I bought a new one for my engine rebuild, costed something like US$80 buxes last year.

$1000 from the dealership? Tell them to elf off!!
        sigpicGrand Wookie Jedi
        Rrrrrrrr-aghhhh!
        http://youtu.be/e8aEDaeBMyI

Comment

• RickP
          Senior Newbie
          • Aug 2015

I checked with Bleet and he only has one for a V8 but isn't sure if it will fit or not.

Comment

• Tyvokka
            Jedi Master
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Adrian D View Post
            You can get one from any Mercedes with an automatic transmission running the 2.2 and 2.7 engines (OM611 and OM612). I suspect the 3.2 (OM613) flex plate also fits. There also is a thicker flex plate available for Sprinters with the 2.7.

Mine was worn in 3 spots and had a crack. I got one from a low mileage E200CDI, absolutely identical, no cracks, no wear. It was 15 euros + delivery. If you can't find one at the breakers in OZ, check with sellers on ebay.de, some may ship to Australia. Search for Zahnkranz.
            Originally posted by RickP View Post
            I checked with Bleet and he only has one for a V8 but isn't sure if it will fit or not.
            In that case do what Adrian did.
            sigpicGrand Wookie Jedi
            Rrrrrrrr-aghhhh!

Comment

• bleetnblurt
              CrawlerStar
              • Jul 2014

just take it to a auto transmission repair shop , they will be able to weld a new ring gear on , they should be able to measure it up , count the teeth and type and weld it on without buckling it final say .....but butt but

Comment

• bleetnblurt
                CrawlerStar
                • Jul 2014

OH don't forget to replace the starter gear as well , don't want the same thing to happen right ? but

Comment

• Tyvokka
                  Jedi Master
                  • Jan 2011

If it's cheap enough why not just save the hassles and poss of cracking again and just get a new one.
                  sigpicGrand Wookie Jedi
                  Rrrrrrrr-aghhhh!

Comment

Working...
                  X